How I Clean My Makeup Brushes ♥

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Hi everyone!
Today I thought I would share with you how I clean my makeup brushes as not that long ago I had no idea how I should be cleaning them or how often I should be cleaning them. There are many different ways to clean your brushes but here is my favourite way...


What Makeup Brushes Do You Use?

I use a selection of different brushes but the main ones I use are from Real Techniques. If you are just starting to get the hang of makeup and don't really want to spend a lot of money on brushes I recommend you try out one of Bravolink's sets, I got a set from my mum for my birthday about two years ago and they are surprisingly quite good for the price that they are and they have lasted a very long time compared to other makeup brushes I have had in the past.


How Often Should You Clean Your Makeup Brushes?

I usually clean my face brushes (foundation/concealer etc) about once a week as they are going on my face and probably hold a lot of bacteria. I clean my other brushes (bronzer/blusher etc) probably once every two weeks and I know that I lot of people probably think that's too long to leave your brushes for but I don't really use much of the product on the brushes and I only use powders on them. Overall, it does depend how much makeup you use and how often you use the brushes but I wouldn't recommend not washing them at all as dust and bacteria can collect in/on them.

How Should You Clean Your Brushes?

There are a lot of makeup brands that sell solution which you can clean your brushes in but a lot of them are overpriced and I personally think that using a good quality shampoo is just as good.

  1. The first thing I do is run some hot water in the sink, I always put a small amount of shampoo and tea tree face wash in the bottom of the sink so that I can soak my brushes in there whilst I am washing my others as I find it makes it slightly quicker to clean them.
  2. I then get some soap/shampoo (I like to use Dove or Tresemme as it smells nice) and swirl the brush around on/in it until the bristles are soapy and some of the makeup has come off.
  3. I rinse the brush under hot water and make sure that there is no remaining makeup on it and that the bristles are the same colour that they originally were.
  4. After that I swirl the brush around slightly on a towel and then leave it standing up (bristles facing down so I don't ruin the inside of the brush) to air dry naturally. 

Let me know in the comments below how you wash your makeup brushes!

~ Eve ♥

Instagram (blog): @eve_nichollsx
Instagram (personal): @evenicholls_
Pinterest: @enicholls2000
Spotify: @e.nicholls2000
Twitter: @eviexeve 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is exactly how I used to clean mine :) Great post!

    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete